COPY EDITOR (NOIDA)
- No of positions: 10
- Qualification: BA/Bcom/Bsc or post graduate in English literature
- Experience: 1 to 4 years
- A copyeditor makes sure that a text is readable, accurate, and ready for publication.
- He/she must have excellent written English, including good spelling and grammar a meticulous approach to their work and an eye for detail and the ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting deadlines.
- A copyeditor should:
- Check text to ensure it is well written and logically structured.
- Correct grammar, spelling, and errors in punctuation.
- Ensure the text is in line with the publishers house style.
- Check facts and raise queries with the author.
- Check illustrations and captions are correct.
- Query factual inconsistencies
- Remove repetitions and redundancies
- For all of these tasks, the copyeditor should be familiar with major style guides, dictionaries, and general reference works, and know when to use them.
- A graduate, preferably with degree in English, science, or languages, with an excellent English vocabulary and understanding of English grammar rules
- Careful attention to detail/strong proofreading skills ability to recognize and correct style errors, as well as to rewrite and reframe content to improve clarity and readability
- Must be a highly motivated team member with superior communication skills
- Research expertise is a plus
Cenveo Publisher Services, formerly KnowledgeWorks Global Limited, is a fast-growing knowledge process outsourcing company that provides content management, page design, and data management services to scientific, technical, and medical (STM), educational, and magazine publishers. In India, our facilities are located in Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, and Noida, with more than 1500 professionals employed. Cenveo Publisher Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cenveo, Inc. and is increasingly the hub of the companys global content production services. Cenveo has provided services to the publishing industry for more than 100 years. Cenveo, Inc. is a $2.1 billion US-based organization and is the third largest graphic communications company in North America. The company is a leading provider of print and visual communications, with one-stop services from design through fulfillment. Cenveos broad portfolio of services and products includes commercial printing, envelopes, labels, packaging, publishing, and business documents delivered through a network of production, fulfillment, and distribution facilities throughout North America.
Questions/ applications: email@example.com